- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Borat vs the Creationists

A few months ago I looked at some statistics for the type of people who visit this site and much to my dismay, (this was a few days before Halloween) over 50 % of the people that visited "Perspective" logged on to the page that showed "Borat's Halloween costume!"

The mere thought that most of the people who visited the blog came here for stuff like Borat threw me into an instant and severe depression.

Here I was looking for stuff that I thought people would find interesting and instead I learn that well over half of my readers were just looking for the lowest form of humor. On top of it all, it wasn't even that funny a picture and I had serious reservations about putting it on the blog in the first place.

The thought that my blog was catering to "idiots" almost made me quit the whole thing and I had to take a few days off to reflect on what I wanted to do.

After my brief vacation I decided that from now on I would only write about things that I personally found interesting and if other people like it too then all the better. There would be no more catering to the lowest common denominator since most of those people wouldn't get what I was trying to say anyway!

With this in mind I did a survey this week on who believed what in the Evolution/Creation debate

We had found out that Americans believed in Creationism over Evolution by a margin of about two to one. But, my dear readers of "Let's get things back into perspective here" held on to the belief of Darwinism over Creationism by a factor of about three to one!!!!!!!

(It would have been higher but I have a suspicion that the Creationists snuck a few extra illegal votes in. You know, like Bush did in 2000!)

This leaves me feeling rather vindicated that I am talking to a reasonably intelligent and educated audience when I post something on this blog and for that I would like to thank each and every one of you!

Allan W Janssen is the author of The Plain Truth About God at www.God-101.com and the blog "Perspective" at http://God-101.blogspot.com

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding intelligent life on the web is sort of like looking for the needle in a haystack with your eyes closed. But if you give up on every site, you'll never find any at all. There are a lot of good blogs which attract intelligent discussion in the comments, but it's necessarily limited to one topic area. At least free-range thinking is possible on sites like Gather, even though most of what's here is pure dreck. Chin up, stiff upper lip, carry on.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:47:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan,

While I am saddened that you were exposed to the US's "boobocracy", I think you will find that somebody like Bush would not have gotten elected a second time. You should also know that there were a lot of Americans who fought Bush and co at every turn, starting in 2000.

While I am a long-standing Atheist, I obviously can comprehend what is meant by The Evolutionism/Creationism debate. I think the numbers of people who believe in that religious crap is dropping. After all, it's hard to believe in science throughout your whole life and then come to religion and have to chuck the science out the door. Fewer people can accept that disconnect.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home