- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Bo Diddley!

I remember when I was a little kid the very first record I ever bought was an album called "Bo Diddley is a Gunslinger!"

Although the album was already a few years old by then, I chose it over other stuff by Elvis, Little Richard,Chuck Berry and, believe it or not, even Buddy Holly, because Bo had a sound I immediately identified with.

(Don't worry though, Buddy Holly soon replace Bo as the "greatest!")

Not for me were the likes of Pat Boone and Perry Como, or God forbid, my parents favourite, Mitch Miller and the gang!

Nope, that "shave and a haircut..... two bits!" lick resonated to the very bottom of my being and I considered it to be one of the finest Rock Riffs ever recorded!

Bo Diddley was always under-rated and under-appreciated during the following years, and I had to console myself with the fact that people who overlooked him didn't know "diddley!"

After a lengthly illness, Bo died of heart failure today. He was 79!

Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know!) and is available at the web site www.God-101.com

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://Allans-Perspective.blogspot.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home