- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Jesus saves, God invests!

I'll tell you a quick true story. We had a Volkswagen Dealership here in Ontario for many years (what else do you expect from a German!) and one of our customers (who was very religious) was an artist of some renown.

We decided it would be a good idea to get him to paint a mural on the showroom wall. (You know, a nice little Bavarian village in a valley in the Alps with a church steeple in the middle. All cosy like!)

My Father approached him about it and asked him how much he would charge to do the work.

His answer was; "I don't know, I will have to ask "God" and get back to you.

"Fair enough," we said, and waited for his reply.

A few days later he came back, gave us a good price, and my Father said; "Go Ahead!"

A few years later business was good and we opened up a branch office in a small town not too far away, and once again we approached our artist friend and asked him how much to do the wall on that showroom. Same answer; "I will have to ask God and get back to you." O.K. fine!

A few days later he again came back to us but this time quoted a price that was twice as much for a job about half as big!!!

My Father looked at him and said; "O.K. but you go tell God that this is the last job you're getting from us!"

Your Scribe
Allan W Janssen

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home