- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oh really!

A few quick observations before the day gets underway.

*I normaly hate those "cutsy" messages on church and store signs (Like one one a high school billboard that said "seven days of this makes one weak!") and bumper stickers.

But, yesterday I actually saw a couple that I really liked .

The first was a sign in front of a travel agency. It said "GO AWAY!"

Then a bumper sticker that really struck home since I'm not nearly in as much of a hurry as I used to be. It said:

"I may be slow, but I'm ahead of YOU!"

*Next - some legislators in the States are starting to talk about putting up a fence between the U.S. and Canada as well as the one down by Mexico. Personally I think it's a great idea.

Maybe it will keep those assholes OUT!

(I remeber back in the 80's I was going from Sarnia to Port Huron for a bit of shopping and when I stopped at Customs the guy asked me for a passport. I told him I only had a drivers license and why did he suddenly want a passport or visa to get in. He replied: "We have to be carefull you know, there are a lot of people that want to get into this Country by any means possible! I looked him straight in the eye and said: "Why?" A minute later I was back on the Canadian side with a "refused entry" slip in my hand! I thought to myself, "fuck em," and went to our own mall. It's also one of the last times I felt an urge to go to the States.)

*Thailand has an unusual political system. It's a democaracy with a twist. They just had their 18th coup d'e-tat in a row.

It seems that when the government gets too rank they send in the army to throw them out and then have democratic elections to get a new government.

Until that elected government gets too smelly. Then they have another coup d'e-tat. Then they have a democratic election to............ well you get the idea!

*All sorts of fallout about that Maher Arar case I wrote about yesterday. People are starting to call for officials in the R.C.M.P. and C.S.I..S. to be fired.

These assholes shouldn't be fired!
They should be going to JAIL!

Your faithfull scribe
Allan w Janssen

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home