- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Merry Christmas or else!

It's that time of year again where the "Missus Herself" sits down and writes Christmas cards to all our friends and relatives.

(They are not always the same people!)

While she was writing away this past weekend I read an article about how sending cards at this time of year, especially at the office, can lead to inadvertently offending certain people who are not of the Christian faith.

Two answers to this, and then a definitive summation at the end.

First of all, if you do get a Christmas card then please take it in the spirit it was intended, for this is the time for "Peace on Earth and good will toward men!"

(Now the Feminists are going to get into the act as well about the "men" part!)

Secondly, I don't see any Christians getting upset when Jews wish each other "Happy Chanukah" or Muslims say "Happy Ramadan" or Wiccan's strip naked and dance around a fire. No! Live and let live I always say!

Now don't get me wrong, I am not an official Christian by any means but because of my wife's shinning example I am an Agnostic who subscribes to Christian Values and I try to live my life accordingly.

So, if you are not a Christian and you get a card from us that you find offensive............. go fuck yourself! (Not very Christian, eh?)

Your humble servant;
Allan W Janssen

Allan W Janssen is the author of The Plain Truth About God at www.God-101.com and the blog "Perspective" at http://God-101.blogspot.com

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound very angry!

Monday, December 10, 2007 9:54:00 a.m.  
Blogger Allan W Janssen said...

No, not at all. I am just emphatically stating my complete indifference to whether someone is offended or not!

Monday, December 10, 2007 9:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home