- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Nobody remembers second place!

This might be sour grapes because I'm a Toronto native, but I have this terrific urge to say "I told you so!"

Toronto lost out to Atlanta for the Summer Olympics in a squeaker of a vote because of influence peddling by the U.S. government. Not a problem with that even though I was mildly pissed.

But, when Toronto beat out Paris and a host of other world-class cities only to lose to Beijing, that was a travesty.

The I.O.C. did what it thought was the "Politically Correct" thing to do and awarded China the Olympics and there has been second guessing ever since.

It seems that decision is now coming back to bite them in the ass.

First some of the major runners quit because of the pollution in Beijing and China starts censoring the Internet, and now Tibet is getting out of hand because they see a perfect opportunity to draw World attention to their Independence cause ahead of the opening ceremonies.

If we are lucky the only serious repercussions will be a boycott of some of the opening or closing ceremonies, but it could escalate into another "Moscow" style general boycott.

In that case I WILL be saying; "I told you so!"

I still get upset when I think that we could be having the Olympics HERE this year!



(Plus, then I would have gotten a chance to go too!)

Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know!) and is available at the web site http://www.god-101.com/

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://God-101.blogspot.com

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you are about to yell, I TOLD YOU SO.

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:05:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home