- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mr. Smith, I assume?

If you believe Big Brother was just a figment of George Orwell's imagination in a book read on.

I went in to the bank today to send my Mother five hundred bucks. ($500.00)

I had her account number and wanted to deposit "cash" into her account. No cheques, money orders, bank drafts, I.O.U.'s - nothin - just cash.

The woman at the Bank asked me if I had an account there and I truthfully told her no, at which point she informed me that I would have to give her my drivers license number, address and phone number!

I said to her, "Lady you don't understand, I'm not taking money OUT, I'm putting money INTO my Mother's account -cash -by the way.

Didn't matter - a new law says any money transfers of any kind have to be fully documented.

Big Brother is not only here. He's got our number!

Winston Smith would feel right at home.

Your Scribe
Allan W Janssen

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home