- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Femi-Nazi's of the World United!

I ran across a site on the web today that is both as interesting as it is disturbing!
Holla Back Canada is a place for Canadian women to post photos of, and shame, their male harassers!
Although we are not affiliated with Holla Back New York City, this website is based directly on their concept.

Basically it's a site for women to identify males whom they think are inconsiderate of feminism's objectives!
Now I realize that it can be used to identify stalkers, rapists and other legitimate purposes but the whole thrust of this web-site seems to be to let women take out their hatred of men for any and every reason.

Here is the propaganda they use to describe it!

If you are a Canadian woman who is harassed, cat-called, commented on, kissy-noised at or otherwise bothered by a man on the street, whip out your camera and snap a pic of the offending jackass. E-mail the picture, along with the location and particulars of the incident (as specific as you like) and your comments!

We will post it for the world to see!

I sent them a letter stating my thoughts on what they were doing and how this was sure to be abused. Not only did they not publish it, I got a "not so sweet" reply telling me where I could put my thoughts!

If you would like to send them a short message telling them how you think they are "fucked," (pun intended) then this is the address!

Mail to: hollabackcanada@gmail.com

Have a look at their site first so that you know what you're up against!

Holla Back Canada

Your "stand up for our dignity" scribe;
Allan W Janssen

(P.S. I like the part where they say, "whip out your..........camera!")

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Chill out, AJ. You need to learn to be a sensitive, caring, new age, metro-sexual male. The old, knuckle draggin', me Tarzan, you be my bitch thing is just passe.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Allan W Janssen said...

No my friend, just as "political correctness" has gotten totaly out of control so has the whole feminism thing.
Your response shows me that you don't really have a grasp of the whole situation when you start throwing out words like Tarzan and "you my bitch." You are either completely out in left field and/or very young to be so naive.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Buffalo said...

I don't think that I've ever been accused of being either politically correct or naive. I kind of like it. I confess that I once played left field.

While my original comment was intended as humor, and I do realize humor often doesn't translate well in cyberspace, it wasn't totally devoid of a point.

I disagree that feminism has gotten out of hand. As with any movement, any political party, there are extremist who, for one reason or another, take the rhetoric to the far reaches of the cosmos. I don't know if they do good or harm to their cause. For sure, they do attract attention.

The fact is, a woman should be able to walk down a street without being verbally or physically molested. If I were walking down the street with my wife and some testosterone charged, would be lothario, started cat calling and asking her if she wanted to fuck; well, it would piss me off more than just a dab. Look all you want. But keep your mouth shut.

People should be held accountable for their actions. It isn't likely that a woman is going to walk up to the offender and knock the dog shit out of him. If these guys want to play this disrespectful and marginalizing game then they damn well should be able to fade the heat.

At least that is the way I see it.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Allan W Janssen said...

I agree 100% with everything you say, BUT, this is, and will continue to grow as a forum for men hating women to vent about males. Sorry if you think this extreme but let's wait and see.

As for the first comment I took it for serious and this would have put you as a 17 year old know it all who wanted to play with the big boys.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Buffalo said...

I've been a supporter of the women's movement since the late 60s.

Yes, there are some man hating women out there. And, to be fair, some of them have damned good reasons to hate us. There are also some very sensitive, often younger, women that are quick to take offense when there was no offense by either implication or deed.

And there are even more women who merely want a fair shake and to be treated with respect.

The truly sad thing is that it has to be an issue.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home