- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Middle-Aged Crazy!

Although I didn't realize it at the time, my fifth decade on this planet was a rather turbulent time for not only myself but those around me.

Looking back in retrospect, my forties were a time of great upheaval. I not only changed careers, I changed wives, changed locations, changed outlooks, changed friends, changed my beliefs and changed my mind.

On top of this I drank too much and ran myself into the ground.

In other words; "My inner peace was MUCH to loud!"

If you had asked me about a "mid life crisis" I would have discounted the idea out of hand, but now I am not so sure! After all, a lot of the things I did were completely out of character and certainly not in my best interest.

Even though they seemed like a good idea at the time the quality of my decisions were certainly suspect!

Most men seem to go through this "mid life crisis" or "second childhood," just as the ladies are susceptible to "menopause" and "change of life," and it seems to be one of , if not the biggest, destroyer of relationships.

The reason I bring this up now is that we have been getting reports from out West that my sister (who is in her mid fifties) has been having troubles of her own.

She has suddenly taken an interest in some Swami, or Guru or whatever that holds seminars on peace love and la de da, while at the same time her personal life has become a volatile battleground leading to the breakup of her marraige!

At the moment she is not talking to her husband, or her son, and is prone to crying fits interspersed with fits of rage and bouts of depression.

(Her son had the audacity to suggest that maybe she was going through "menopause" and for this he was called a sexist little bastard, and is being held "incommunicado!")

I was thinking of going out to B.C. in the summer for a visit, but if things keep going the way they are I might just wait until everyone, including me, has settled peacefully into retirement and old age. It will be a lot quieter that way!

Allan W Janssen is the author of The Plain Truth About God-101 at www.God-101.com

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger zolton said...

Good posts! you just post far to frequently

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Allan W Janssen said...

But Zolton, Zolton. I have so much to say!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Allan W Janssen said...

I must write. I must!
Otherewise my head will explode and my wife has told me in no uncertain terms to stop making a mess around the house or else!

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home