- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roasted!

Might as well jump in with both feet.

Music is crap since "My Music" came out in the 60's and 70's. The Missus Herself (if she is well enough) and I are going downtown here in London next week to see the Moody Blues.

This is one hell of a lot better entertainment that my son wanting to see that black wanna-be asshole Eminem, or just about anybody else making music now a days. (With a few exceptions)

The same holds true for Television. Last night they had a "Celebrity Roast for William Shatner" that was one of the lamest programs I have seen in years. As a matter of fact the only ones worse were the roasts for Pam Anderson and Tom Arnold.

Back in the sixties and seventies when the Friars Club was putting on these Roasts we had the creame de la creame of Hollywood and Vegas with Dean Martin as the host.

These programs have become classics and some of the routines by the likes of Don Rickles, Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Jerry Lewis, Betty White, Bob Newhart, Redd Foxx and dozens of others will go down in history as the golden age of television.

Meanwhile, here in the progressive twenty first century we have shows that give us such luminaries as Courtney Love (who made me want to PUKE!) and everyone's favourite............... Andy Dick!



With Television so crappy and Movies sooooo expensive maybe it's time to crank up the old radio again!

Your Pal Al.

By the way, I have been looking over some of the stats from my Site Meter and find I have a very small (but loyal and discerning) group of readers.

S00000........ TELL YOUR FREINDS, DAMNIT!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

And the stats reader doesn't tell the whole story. Since I use an RSS feed to read most of the blogs that I read I wouldn't show up on your stat counter since I don't directly access your site daily.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:32:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home