- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

In the Name of the Lord!

Got some mail today of the type that I usually ignore, (Especially if there are any biblical quotations involved!) but what the Hell, I haven't replied to one of these in a long time so here goes.

This was actually addressed to the book God-101 website.

Honey, you need to read your Bible. Jesus not only said He was the Son of God, but He said, at the Last Supper: 'for this is My blood, the blood of the covenant, to be poured out in behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.' Matthew 26:28. Also 'I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me.' John 14:6. In fact, this is one of the reasons why He was crucified. He was killed because He claimed to be One with God. Be very careful what you claim. Jesus also said 'On the other hand, it would be better for anyone who leads astray one of these little ones who believe in Me, to be drowned by a millstone around his neck in the depths of the sea.' Matthew 18:6. Take care that you don't confuse fact with your own opinion.

To this I gave my usual reply which was; "Why can't I give my opinion when all you are doing is giving yours! To tell me that the Biblical quotes you gave are literal truth and then to stand by them is not only the height of arrogance, but ignorance as well! (But then again I keep forgetting that you have God on your side. Sorry.)."

By the way, that threat at the end was a nice touch! Always leave 'em wondering. And don't call me "Honey!"

Allan W Janssen is the author of The Plain Truth About God-101 )at www.God-101.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home