- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Interesting blog.

I ran across an interesting site today called the Abstract Factory and I like what this guy writes.

Here is a small example;

If you're a creationist or IDiot, and you're suddenly possessed by the urge to comment on evolution, please don't bother. I know what you're going to say. When I was an undergrad, I read talk.origins for a while, and I have seen every single creationist argument under the sun. I spent many an hour watching people knowledgeable about evolution debating creationists: patiently debunking the same tired arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, responding in good faith to arguments that were clearly disingenuous, dumbing down their writing style to a second-grade level so that creationists could understand (and even then creationists wouldn't understand), and even copying and pasting from FAQs because creationists were too lazy to open up URLs in their web browser. All to no avail.

So, you may think you're going to blow me away with your amazing show of rhetoric, but believe me, I have seen it before, and you're wrong. The thing that you're about to write is not only wrong, but transparently, stupidly, embarrassingly wrong, so wrong that it makes me wince inwardly with shame at the fact that you're a member of the same human race that I am. What you're about to write is evidence that you haven't bothered to read the FAQs, or comprehended a single book on evolutionary biology that's not written by one of your crackpot creationist pseudo-intellectuals. So don't bother writing what you're going to write. Just go away.

I put a link to the site over on the left side and if you feel in need of a little intellectual stimulation now and then give it a try!

Allan W Janssen is the author of The Plain Truth About God at www.God-101.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home