- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Ultimate and Final Explanation of God!

Richard Dawkins has got a lot to say, and I have to admit I agree with most of it!

As a matter of fact I quote him extensively in my book "The Plain Truth About God!"

But, in spite of his rail's against the Creationists, and his disparagement of Intelligent Design, he is no better nor worse than the people he tries to discredit!

Don't get me wrong, Dr. Dawkins in one hell of a smart guy and I don't ever hope to equal him in the intelligence or education area.

But, I sure can and will take him on in the common sense field, and any day of the week too!

Here's why!

Any form of Athiesm is a belief system the same as religious conviction is.

You can believe that there is absolutely no God the same as you can believe that God made the world in seven days. No difference, because neither can actually be proven.

It's what you believe that counts!

Yes bunky, Richard Dawkins and Pat Robertson are two sides to the same coin!

But an agnostic (like me) on the other hand is a whole different kettle of fish! We don't know and say so.

And for that reason we are 100% correct!

I don't have the answer to the afterlife like Pat Robertson or Billy Graham or Dr. Dawkins or Isaac Asimov or Newton or Jim and Tammy Baker or Arthur C Clarke or Germain Greer or George Carlin or The Pope or Ghandi or Stalin or Lennon. (Vlad, not John)

I could keep going with the list but you get the idea. These people are all percieved to be a lot smarter than I, but they still base their ideas on a belief system which means they have a 50% chance of being right.

Stupid me, on the other hand, appears to be 100% right and I don't have to start following somebody that is long on faith and short on logic and only has a 50% chance of being right anyway. (This is even before we get into all the differnt types of religion that claim they are right and the others wrong, right!)

While there is no solution to this dilema I think that we have to take it upon ourselves to reach our potential as a people. We need to do the best we can with a bit of style, grace and maturity.

We can't keep running to God for help OR use God as an excuse for our actions. We have to grow up and become responsible for ourselves.!

Until God actually shows up on my doorstep I will try to keep an open mind, because if we strictly use logic and look at the world around us, then I have to conclude that there is no God.

But, if I look at nature and the universe in general with all its complexities and wonders, I have to conclude that there is a God.

Quite a conundrum, eh?

The safest course seems to be some sort of middle ground that is supported by what makes sense.

That seems to be why "The Universe" must have been started by something, but sure doesn't interfere with us in any way as far as our day to day living goes.

Intelligent Design (Not the I.D. the fundamentalists are trying to slip in the back door of religion!) or First Cause? Seems so!!!!

But then again, I could be wrong.

Your humble scribe;
Allan W Janssen

Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know!) and is available at the web site www.God-101.com

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://Allans-Perspective.blogspot.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home