- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Who gives a shit!

Well the latest Hollywood gossip is about Felicity.

Felicity Huffman is addressing those rumors that she was drunk on the set of “Georgia Rule”.

She was............ Some!

“OK, it’s a little true. I was drunk a little bit of it, but not a lot,” the “Desperate Housewives” star tells Parade magazine. She wasn’t, she insists, falling down drunk.

I'm certainly glad to hear that since we just can't get enough of all this bullshit that celebrities are doing to keep us entertained and amused.

That last paragraph was strictly said with tongue in cheek since truth be known I couldn't care less what Anna Nicole Smith did while she was alive, what Paris Hilton did to get 45 days in jail, what Tom and Katie are doing, what or who Lindsy Lohan is screwing up now, what Britney Spears is using to grow her hair back, what, or who George Clooney is doing or even what my neighbour George is doing behind those closed curtains at three o'clock in the morning.

This national obsession with the lives of celebrities has grown to unhealthy proportions. Our fixation with the personal business of people in the limelight is an indicator of something seriously wrong with society when we have to live our lives vicariously through other people.

Personally I am going to try and concentrate on the lives of my family and friends and the rest of the world can go to hell in a hand basket for all I care.

Since my wife got sick with Lymphoma it has put a lot into perspective for me and you soon learn what's really important and what isn't.

Your "old philosopher" scribe;
Allan W Janssen

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home