- PERSPECTIVE -

- EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM! -

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Canada

Thanks for reading my blog.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Let's get things back into perspective here!

I get so downhearted when I run into people like the guy on the previous post.

I have, as one of my major flaws, very little patience with ignorance, (the classical ignorance, as in lack of knowledge) prejudice or intolerance.

This guy that wrote me a sweet little love note about my book that rambled on for sentence after sentence with utter disregard for grammar or logic. I got a whole lot of dogma that I am not even going to attempt to argue against, since first of all, not all that much of it made sense anyways, and secondly he is so mired in his ways that nothing I could say would have any impact on him.

The only thing that really caught my eye was the statement that Jesus had such an im-pact on the people around him that withing a few short years 500 souls were willing to sacrifice themselves for his cause.

Listen my friend, a lot of other prophets had as great or even greater impact on the populous of the time.............. they just didn't make it for the long haul.

And If you want to use deaths of adherents as your main yardstick then Jim Jones has got Christ beat by about 2 to 1!

Tomorrow.... why the 18 TERRORIST in Toronto got arrested for playing "Paintball!"

Allan W Janssen is the author of the book The Plain Truth About God (What the mainstream religions don't want you to know!) and is available at the web site www.God-101.com

Visit the blog "Perspective" at http://allans-perspective.blogspot.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And If you want to use deaths of adherents as your main yardstick then Jim Jones has got Christ beat by about 2 to 1!

This is an incredibly good analogy showing great wit!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:15:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well he did destroy whole towns. First he send in a man to search out the good people. He gave them time to find them. When they failed in their efforts ,He destroyed the town.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:31:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home